Smoothie King Initial Investment Requirements
What It Takes to Own a Leading Smoothie Franchise
The following costs are excerpted from Smoothie King's Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) and are estimated. Each Smoothie King franchise owner has the right to initially develop one store for the franchise fee of $30,000. The difference between low and high investment levels exists due to labor, location, varying store sizes, build-out costs and expenses, and your experience and management of the store’s development.
Below are the financial requirements to open a Smoothie King in the United States:
- Endcap or inline location: $263,550- $531,535
- Free-standing Drive-thru location: $579,100-$844,485
- Minimum Net Worth (1 Store): $300,000
- Minimum Liquidity (1 Store): $100,000
- Royalty Fee: 6% of monthly gross sales ($500 minimum per month)
- National Marketing Fee: Currently 3% of monthly gross sales
Avoid the Pitfalls of Starting from Scratch
Smoothie King offers a starter kit unlike any other, allowing you to embrace your entrepreneurial spirit and forego many issues even the best businessmen face when trying to start an operation from scratch. We offer the support and training of an industry-leading brand and more experience than any other Smoothie franchise. With our invaluable resources, your desire to help consumers live healthier, happier lives, and our combined passion for Smoothie King, we can rule the day as we change lives for the better.