Success starts with a great location!
Over the years, we've learned that location is one of the most important factors in the success of any Smoothie King store. A great site really is the best investment you can make in your new business. So our team of seasoned real estate pros will work hand in hand with you, to find and secure the best available location(s) in your chosen market. We've also learned to look beyond "traditional locations" because there are lots of places where a Smoothie King can succeed. So we've created flexible store concepts to fit all kinds of opportunities, including freestanding stores, drive-thrus, airports, food courts, mall kiosks and even gyms.
Smoothie King's real estate professionals work closely with franchisees to assist them in finding and securing the most suitable location for each market. Once you find a location, you must submit a Site Request form. A member of our Real Estate Team will analyze your site, and even travel to the site to complete the review. If your site is accepted, the team will help with lease negotiation, design, construction, and finally opening day.
Here a few general criteria that we look for in a new Smoothie King location. However, fine opportunities may exist in sites that vary from these criteria, and a store can be tailored to fit, if the opportunity looks right.
- Great visibility and access
- 800 - 1,600 square feet
- 3 to 6 parking spaces
- Population: 30,000 in a 7 minute drive time or accessible trade area
- Multi-day part traffic: 20,000 cars per day (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, post/pre-workout).
- Median household income above median for the DMA
- Co-tenancy: grocery stores, health clubs, QSRs and service-oriented retailers
- End-caps, freestanding, high traffic in-line stores, Malls, Kiosks, or Non-Traditional venues
- Drive-thru access preferred