A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Smoothie King Franchisee
Starting a business is a big investment. Smoothie King helps franchise candidates every step of the way, helping them work toward their goal of entrepreneurship.
What does the process look like? Here’s your guide to becoming a Smoothie King franchisee:
1. Request for Consideration
Get more information from us by downloading the Franchise Kit
Let us know more about you:
- Detailed personal information
- Business interests
- Personal financial statement
2. Speak with a Franchise Development Manager
Connect with a Franchise Development Manager to answer your initial questions about the franchise opportunity.
3. Review the FDD
This document includes:
- Detailed franchisor information
- Initial investment and fee
- Franchisee obligations
- Financing information
- Financial performance representations
4. Due Diligence, Speaking to other Franchisees
Speak with current franchisees and ask questions about:
- Multi-unit ownership
5. Discovery Day
Visit the Smoothie King headquarters. Hear directly from Smoothie King's leadership team:
- Wan Kim, CEO
- Kevin King, Cheif Development Officer
- Dan Harmon, Cheif Operating Officer
- Brain Judge, Cheif Financial Officer
- Jennifer Herskind, Chief Marketing Officer
- Rocky Gettys, VP of Product Development
- Kathrine Meariman, VP of Training and Operational Support
6. Sign Franchise Agreement
Review the agreement and make your final decision
7. Orientation & Training
Attend training at headquarters.
- Team needs
- Inventory Management
8. Create a business plan
Franchise owners should develop an individual business plan.
- Determining financial options
- Arranging for building construction
- Budgeting for your investment
9. Site Selection
Meet with the Smoothie King real estate team and choose the right location for your smoothie bar franchise.
- Store format
- In-line or end-cap
- Free-standing with drive-thru
- Foot and vehicle traffic
10. Grand Opening
Congratulations, you've opened your Smoothie King!